Among the families of contile origin that in feudal times settled on the territory located to the right of the Tiber river, the Montemarte family was undoubtedly one of the dominant ones, presiding with the castles of Montemarte and Corbara the areas east of Orvieto towards Todi.
In the land register of the county in 1292, it is registered as Castrum, Corbara, in the parish of Santa Maria de Stiolo, which largely coincides with the current territory of the Corbara Castle at the confluence of the Paglia river with the Tiber.
The habitual residence of the Counts of Corbara was in the Castle itself, although it was registered at least up to the seventeenth century among those of the city's nobility:
in fact, direct management of the vast landed properties was necessary, which were gradually transforming into modern farms.
At the end of the nineteenth century the Tenuta di Corbara became the property of the Banca Romana which in 1889/90 brought to light the Roman port of Pagliano, located on the confluence of the Tiber and Paglia rivers, in opus reticolatum . This archaeological site assumed great historical importance in the context of commercial and economic relations between Rome and the immediate hinterland areas and, thanks to constant research, protection and restoration of the structures, it is now accessible and open to visitors.
The current physiognomy of the Castello di Corbara farm represents the faithful mirror of the new planning aimed at enhancing the wine production, desired with firmness and passion by the Patrizi family who acquired the property in 1997. This objective was mainly inspired by the inherent need to recover values such as respect for the territory, whose authenticity always finds expression in all the wines produced.